Among the traffic accidents in the Bay Area over the Memorial Day weekend are two fatal single-car crashes. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Devil’s Slide, Friday afternoon: Three teenage burglary suspects were arrested after they got in a head-on collision on Highway 1 while fleeing a sheriff’s deputy.
- San Jose, Saturday night: Driver killed in single-car accident on Hellyer Avenue and Embedded Way.
- Menlo Park, early Sunday: A fiery collision of two cars injured five people on El Camino Real. One driver was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
- Highway 17, early Sunday: A pickup truck hit a power pole, forcing an eight-hour closure of the highway. The driver, a Pleasanton woman, was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
- Discovery Bay, early Sunday: A man suffered major injuries when he was struck by a car on Highway 4.
- Highway 152, Sunday night: Just beyond the Bay Area, a single-car accident killed four people near San Luis Reservoir.
- Contra Costa County, Sunday night: Three teenage armed-robbery suspects were arrested after a chase from Moraga ended in a crash in Antioch.