Police have launched a murder probe after a man died in north-west London.
Police and paramedics rushed to the scene following reports of an injured man in Harrow at around 3.20pm on Wednesday.
The victim, believed to be in his mid-40s, was treated at the scene on Northolt Road for an injury that was believed to be a stab or slash wound.
He was pronounced dead shortly before 4pm.
One person was arrested nearby on suspicion of murder after witnesses said he had been seen running from the scene with a machete.
Police said they do not yet know whether the weapon had been used.
The man was taken to a north London police station where he remains in custody.
A Metropolitan police spokesman said: “Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 15:20hrs on Wednesday, 3 April to reports of an injured man on Northolt Road in Harrow.
“Officers attended. The man, who is believed to be aged in his mid-40s, was treated at the scene for an injury that was initially believed to be a stab or slash wound. He was pronounced dead at 15:50hrs.
“We await the findings of a post-mortem examination to confirm whether this was a recent or pre-existing injury.
“At this stage, the death is being treated as unexplained.”
They said next of kin have not yet been informed.
Enquiries continue as the Homicide and Major Crime Command have been informed.
Anyone with information is asked to contact officers at the North-West Command Unit via 101 quoting reference 4680/3Apr.